Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BIG NEWS

I just got laid off from AAA Arizona - the Prescott office. Due to the economy ....blah, blah, blah .... my travel agent position is getting eliminated. They are so kind as to pay me through this Friday. I had to leave a bunch of "personal things" there -- notes I brought from Michigan and things I've collected to help with my job. That was one thing that bothered me the most. All my "knowledge" I had written down, I could not take with me because it was on AAA property. At least I learned a hard lesson, any other job I have, I will make copies of my personal notes, etc and keep originals at home and no personal things at work that I can not prove that they are personal.

5 comments:

GreatMatt said...

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. The whole not letting you take anything is like an extra kick in the pants as they're throwing you out. Not cool at all.

I hope everything works out in the end though. Good luck!

Matt

Debbie said...

Thanks Matt for the comment. Yeah, it was not done in a good way. The situation with me packing up my desk and being told not to talk to other employees while I was still there totally sucked big ones.

Unknown said...

Deb, we are praying for you guys that ecerything will work out. Are they going to bring you back, or are you literally out on your ear? Anyway, we are praying.

Tom

Michelle said...

Wow, that sounds a bit harsh.. I mean, I get it the economy bla bla bla, people get laid off but jeez they can try to soften the blow a bit... oh well, my condolences.

Debbie said...

Thanks Michelle for your comments. I agree that they could have done things a lot differently.