Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Good Day

I got one of the three final papers done and second one started in one class, got a big chunk of the reading and note-taking done for week two in my second class, and wrapped up all the week one stuff for both classes. All in all, not a bad day, even if the market had another down session. But European markets are up already today, so I'm sure the suckers rally will continue. I would expect it to keep going in fits and starts through April. Unless, the government decides to do to the financial sector bondholders what they just did to GM's bondholders (and I think they should); then we'll be in for a very large leg down.

Just the opinion of an unemployed dishwasher. Which makes me at least as qualified as most of the ass clowns on CNBC. Caveat emptor.

Speaking of school, I'm a little frustrated with the "discussion" group in one of my classes. I already posted an example of the reasoning skills of my two classmates I got teamed up with. I'm not quite sure why a class with only eight students was split up into multiple discussion groups in the first place, but with the right people, it could still work. These are not the right people. I am having a discussion with myself. The other two have not posted anything other than their initial post. Normally, the instructor would do some not-so-subtle prodding, but I think he is out of the country or something. And I'm paying $1,000 for this.

Any site running on Typepad is unreachable again. Does anyone know what is happening with them? It's getting a bit annoying.

Not much else going on. Nothing really caught my eye in the news. More taxpayer money poured into zombie companies, another industry nationalized; just another fracking day in paradise.

I should try to go to bed. Not that I seem to be able to sleep much anymore, but there is always the off chance.

2 comments:

steve said...

Ric,
I ran into the same thing with some of my classes. But its not just limited to the on-line courses, when T was working at the U as an assistant, she had to grade some papers--Made you wonder how these kids got out of grade school, let alone HS

Ric said...

This is what happens when politicians sell people on egalitarianism above all else. The governor of Michigan stated the "everyone has a right to a college education." Really? Even when the only reason you have a high school diploma is due to social promotion? Our university system is being systematically destroyed.

I just keep repeating, "Only six more weeks, only six more weeks..."