Thursday, March 05, 2009

Bloggin' Instead of Writin'

I'm supposed to be deep into a 10-page paper, but it ain't happening today. I got up early, started right in and was making fair progress when I hit a wall. Even though I had almost eight hours of sleep last night, I fell sound asleep on the couch for about 2 hours. So I'm just taking a bit of a break and will hopefully get it in gear this evening. I really need to have this thing roughed out tonight to stay on schedule. I don't want this weekend to end up being all about school, as we got our tax refund on Monday. Gotta go stimulate the economy!! Eyeing a new camera for the Hawaii trip and possibly a new PC that can push out a 1080p video signal so we can take full advantage of our 42" TV/computer monitor.

Just a couple random things I picked up off the intertubes. GM's accountants are saying that they really don't see a way for GM to stay in business. This will trash Michigan economically even more than it already is. And just in case anyone thought that head-fake the market did yesterday means anything, the Wilshire 5000 is testing a new 52-week low today. This isn't over, not by a long shot. This is not a V-shaped or even U-shaped market event. This is a decade-plus of inflationary fluff getting beaten out of the market. It's not the end of the world, just the end of the fantasy world that has been the US economy since the mid-80's. Maybe if I can take a break from sleeping and napping during my two-week break in school, I'll write something more comprehensive on the economy and really bore everyone to tears, but for now, I'll just repeat what I've been saying for the entire 21st century: get fast, get small. The future belongs to the mammals, not the dinosaurs.

And just to wrap up before I get back at it, I'd love to meet the morons that coded the voting machines.

No comments: