Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day Three of Taking it Easy

First, a little family news. At last word, the transplant was a success and both Jason and Adam are doing well. If that doesn't mean anything to you, it would take me pages to explain. Just know that there are a lot of very relieved and thankful people all over the United States today.

Anyway, I didn't leave the house today. I had intended to go wander with the camera, but I got involved in cleaning the kitchen. I've needed to degrease the kitchen cupboards since we moved in here over a year ago, so today I grabbed the Murphy oil soap and went to town. It's nice to not stick to the cupboard doors. Other than that, I didn't do much other than just pick up and sort through all the accumulated debris and finish up all the odd jobs that have piled up since mid-February when the college death march started.

I read through Obama's education speech and saw a lot of the same: education policy made by the same moral defectives that are directly responsible for the worst schools in the nation. Hey, Obama? I'll tell you the same thing I've told the last three presidents: when the Washington DC schools are the best in the nation, you can then and only then, lecture the rest of us about our schools. Deal? Yea, thought not.

Camille Paglia has a new column up. It's worth the ten minutes to read through it. If Obama is too busy to read our blog, then he should at least read her's. Jimmy Carter II: here we come.

While page one of Paglia's column is boring political crap, page two has some pretty cool stuff from her time in Brazil and a link to this video:



Now that's a party.

Time to vegetate a little and then off to bed.

No comments: