Friday, May 01, 2009

Resume done!

Yeah --- after attending my "career transition workshop"; emailing the teacher; bugging Ric for "words" -- I believe I have a finished copy of my new resume. Very different from what I've had before. The "new and upcoming" way to do your resume includes "accomplishments" under each job...not just a listing of important job duties. Also, they are now suggesting to use only the years when putting in your work dates. A few other changes too. As Ric mentioned, every so often "THEY" change what a resume is suppose to look like. Oh well .... I"ll go with the flow now.

Not too many jobs here around Prescott. Home Depot seems like they have openings, but at this point, I don't think I want a career with Home Depot. Today I want to check out a place that is looking for a resident assistant in a long term care home. I used to volunteer for Hospice in Michigan and enjoyed it. So....maybe something along that lines again? If I can find a full time job without the training needed up front....we will see. Wish me luck.

Otherwise, I have been checking out other AAA organizations and some cruise line companies for travel jobs. As Ric mentioned, I've seen travel agent positions listed in a few non-snow states. (Sorry Matt...none in Hawaii listed!) I haven't applied yet since I was waiting to get my updated resume done. Carnival cruise line had a couple on-board positions that I might be able to handle, but...not sure I could handle living in crew quarters for 6 months at a time. I am not ruling it out at this point, though.

I agree with Ric that packing up is one of the last things we really want to do. Our apartment is in a great location and we love to be able to walk to historical downtown Prescott in about 10-15 minutes. We have a lot of decisions to make in the coming month(s). Keep praying for us!

No comments: