Friday, May 08, 2009

Correction

Got anxious with the mega post and had to post the following correction on the story about the 15-year-old being arrested:
Great. First one of these I've done in months and I have to do a correction. The kid is a dick who was phoning in multiple bomb threats all over the country in exchange for money from students who wanted a day off. The combination of a pathological liar for a mother (who was aware of what he was doing), a dick for a son, the usual bang-up job local news reporters are known for, and my rush to publish and you have this mess. When I do these routinely, I normally don't get around to posting a story for a day or two which would have saved me in this case. That will teach me to pay attention to a local news site.

At least I wasn't alone, but having the tinfoil-hat brigade as company doesn't really give me much comfort. I've obviously had my nose in school books way too much.

No comments: