Thursday, February 19, 2009

Carpal Tunnel World

Type, type, type, and when I'm not typing school work, I'm blogging. Anyway, today was productive. I didn't get as much done as I hoped for, but more than I expected. I should be in pretty good shape after tomorrow. I need to jump on tonight and do some quick stuff and spend some quality time in the discussion boards trying to pretend I know what I'm talking about. There is now a thread in one of the discussion boards on exegesis and hermeneutics in which I have no pants. Don't ask. I think this may be a first at Cornerstone University. And the coolest thing about college is that you get to learn a lot of big words like "exegesis" and "hermeneutics" that you don't know what they mean. And can only spell because the Blogger spell checker knows how.

Anyway.

One of the problems with trying to fix a recession by printing money is that eventually inflation will wreck everything. It's starting already. Everyone had hoped that it would take a while for prices to catch up to the printing presses, but no such luck. Gas prices where we normally buy it jumped up to $2.13, although nothing else we buy seems to be following suite. The only way to stop inflation is to raise interest rates which sort of goes contrary to what Barack and Friends have been trying to do. It also may be worth noting that gold is toying with the $1,000 mark again.

No sarcasm: this is good. Go read it. It will make your day.

(See? I can do the happy bloggy thingy once in a while.)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Not exactly an expert on the economics thing but it seems like the paper that the values are printed on themselves are not the problem, but our relationship to it, and having more of that would just mean.. I dunno.. but look at Zimbabwe, or Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy when the Golgofrinchens adopt the leaf as legal currency and because of the inflation such an easily obtainable resource would cause, they have to set the value as 3 deciduous forrests buying one ship's peanut.. or something.

Don't ask me how I remembered that off the top of my head so well :)

what am I saying.. yeah, just that.

GreatMatt said...

That was an amazing story about the basketball game. It's very refreshing to hear something good for a change. You certainly don't get things like that on the regular "news."

Catalyst said...

Great story about the kids and their sportsmanship.