Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Books and More

Well, UPS finally dropped off a box of books. They were someone else's books, but I guess you can't have everything. I immediately called Cornerstone and of course hit voice mail which of course was not answered. So I sent an e-mail which I am fairly sure will also be ignored. Or maybe I'll be told how sorry some office drone is that I feel that I received the wrong books. So tomorrow is day three of the class (which, remember, doesn't start until February 9), I have a set of books for a class I'm not taking, and my books are sitting on a very confused lady's dining room table in Holland, Michigan. And this is a University. Scott Adams has a glimpse of our future. Imagine every person you deal with every day, all day, being incompetent and arrogant.

The Grey Goose is getting low. I have an urge to stimulate the economy tommorrow at the local Liquor Barn.

Meanwhile, the last smart people in North American got Spirit to move. It only went about a foot before the dead wheel it's been dragging snagged up on a rock, but everything seems back to normal and no one knows what all the weirdness last week was about.

China is on track to sell more cars than the US in 2009. The good news for Detroit residents just keeps rolling in. Hey GM! How's that viability plan coming that you promised Congress? Does it take into account that you are on track to sell half the number of cars you did last year?

I don't make a habit of hitting Lew Rockwell's site, but this was recommended to me. It was certainly worth a few minutes.

Except now I really need that Grey Goose.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You definitely need that Grey Goose, (I assume it's whiskey?) seeing as you didn't get your books. Either one or the other I say.. both is ok too, but you need at least one of them.

Ric said...

Grey Goose is a vodka brand. I've never been a big whiskey drinker. Always went for the vodka or ouzo and I just drink it straight. That way, I can tell people I'm just having ice water....