Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quick Work Update

Before I run off to another exciting day at the bakery, I thought I would let everyone know what my current work situation is. You know you care.

I'm pretty much done at the restaurant. I haven't worked there since May 31. I may be needed this weekend, but I doubt it. Meanwhile, the bakery business is all over the place. One day, we are flooded with people, then the next day it's completely dead. Talking to other people, it's pretty much the same all over: erratic, and much, much lower than average. It's like everyone is just holding their breath.

I know we aren't doing our part. We haven't eaten out since we came back from Europe to an empty refrigerator. We more-or-less walk everywhere, stay home on the weekends, only buy what's on sale, etc.

I predict an interesting summer.

No comments: