Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not much has been going on for me. Work has been work -- nothing special. Next week all of travel and auto travel is closing down early to head to an employee appreciation dinner/award thingy. This is the first time they have had it during business hours-- they usually have it on a Saturday.

This weekend in Prescott is the Blue Grass Festival. They closed down part of the main road and have the stage set up on the road. It was just getting started after I got done at the bank and walking with Ric to work. People bring their own lawn chairs or blankets and coolers and try to find shade around the courthouse. We will head back down tonite after dinner and/or tomorrow. Not really my type of music, but Ric likes it and it gets us out of the apartment. I love people watching anyways. (And if I am likely --- the food vendor may be out and I can talk Ric into a funnel cake!)

AAA Prescott will be in the 4th of July parade here in Prescott on July 5th. We are wearing red, white, or blue shirts and will be walking the whole parade route. I'm glad the parade starts at 9am.

The weekend after, we will be in Michigan. Quick and dirty -- in and out --- two family reunions. Originally I wasn't going to have much PTO time built back up -- so we had to shorten it up alot. Hopefully next summer we can take more time. We have one open house and one wedding we know about we plan to get back for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening - Sounds like your AAA is starting to act like Health Plus - members/providers just don't understand that these kind of things SHOULD be done during work hours - SO -O-O you get paid for being appreciated !!!

Blue Grass is down right country - it was Joyce's favorite music.
I'm sure it will be enjoyable - be careful at the parade and keep hydrated.
LOVE, Mom

Anonymous said...

hey deb its Tammy... phone communication doesnt seem to pan out for us... email me...
tammy.ellis@hotmail.com