Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday Post

Friday the Thirteenth is on a Friday this month.

Sorry. Had to say that quick before it was midnight.

Still slogging away at the bakery. Gradually getting more hours as I make myself increasingly indispensable. Which is good given that I am back down to only one job again. Some scary news today: new bakery opening about a block away from the one I work at in a very visible location on the main street through town. The bakery I work at is already struggling. This could get interesting.

Speaking of the bakery, we tossed all our tomatoes when the whole salmonella thing first hit the news. Our supplier isn't cleared yet, so we are doing without. Which is interesting when tomatoes are on at least half the sandwiches we serve. Ah well. I knew I didn't like raw tomatoes for a reason.

No comments: