Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is on a Friday this month. Weather is raining and cold, which just about figures as we are supposed to go downstate and paint my mother-in-law's house this weekend. We will most likely be doing a bunch of prep work, rather than actual painting, so we can work between rain drops if we have to. Still, cold and wet is the last thing I need right now.

Yesterday, I had a teen from the Kalkaska high school job shadow me. I made it a short day as I figured he would be totally bored. I was right. I'm not sure what these are supposed to accomplish. I can't let anyone touch anything I work on without violating some Munson policy or, in the case of patient data, federal law. So he sat and watched me mess around. I tried to explain what I was doing, but the conceptual distance was just too great. How do you explain to a 14-year-old, who thinks Windows 95 is ancient, that VSE is not MS-DOS?

I added a link today to my niece's boyfriend's friend's blog. Interesting guy and I hope to spend more time digging into what he has to say. In any case, give the guy some hits and post some comments.

Yesterday, I went with Nestina to her coach's place to watch game video with the rest of her soccer team. I will be helping out with defense for the rest of the year and may coach next year. I don't know; work schedule may be a problem. But it will be fun to get back into soccer, even if it's as a glorified spectator.

That's all I have. Depending on how I feel this weekend, I may post something. Or not. Whatever.

Later

No comments: