Sunday, February 08, 2009

Monthly resolutions and more

With Ric in college "online" -- you won't see too many posts from me. I don't like to interrupt him when he is plugging away. When he is tired of it at night, we try to watch a movie or old Pretenders (on Hulu). Right now he is heading to a monthly meeting of the "Prescott area bloggers" -- this is their second monthly meeting. So I have the computer all to myself for an hour or two.

Anyways --- monthly resolutions. That was my New Year's resolution -- to make monthly ones. Much easier to think about keeping a resolution for a month instead of a year. I did good in January. My resolution was to lose 2 lbs --- I lost 3 lbs. This month I'm not doing to well with my resolution. This month is to not eat after 830pm. I think I've blown in about 2-3 nights and this is only the 8th! I know I can do it --- I just have to do it.

Work has been so so. It has been slow -- not as bad as it was the last quarter of the 2008. I was trying to get a new position at the branch I'm working at, but my manager marked "No" on my internal application for a recommendation. Oh well....I will keep plugging away. I'm getting to the "tired of this place and most of these people" at AAA AZ.

I'm trying a new medication for my RLS....it doesn't seem to be working well. Plus, I've noticed I just want to sleep and do nothing lately. I think I will give it the rest of the week and then call the Dr and tell her this one didn't work either. I would rather take the aspirin when needed at night and have my energy back. I really don't need to get depressed out here. It is hard enough with no family or friends out here. Sometimes I wish I had my own jet or was otherwise independently wealthy. I would fly every weekend someplace to visit. Phone calls/cards/emails are great, but just not the same as in person. Okay --enough of that -- I'm tearing up again!

Ric already blogged out the free hockey "spa seat" tickets I got. It was great! Usually when AAA is offered some free tickets -- they are decent seats up in row M or something. Nothing near the glass. It was an experience to "walk" on the ice to our special section between the players' benches. I still chuckle when I think about when they were doing the advertisement about the "spa seats". We were watching the game and when I realized they were talking about me, I looked up and our mugs were on the big screen. Ric happen to be right behind a post and didn't move. I did a little hand wave and my face probably got as red as the turtleneck I was wearing. We had a great night out --- the only exception was the guys' body odor! I would definitely take advantage of the seats again. I might bring along some air freshener! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, nice to meet Ric at the blogger meetup yesterday. Thanks for including me in your blogroll. Some Prescottonians might also like to check out www.aboutprescottarizona.com.

Michelle said...

Monthly resolutions, what a great idea.. I was actually going to do that at the end of January but didn't end up doing it, although they probably would have been the same ones that I had at the new year, which I haven't done yet, and most likely wouldn't have done if I'd re-resoluted at the end of Jan :) so maybe not so good for me..

Good luck with yours.