Thursday, January 08, 2009

Score!!

I was finally able to score some drugs today. It only took a month or so, but I can finally kick out the squatters in my lungs before they do serious damage. In the process, I found a clinic not too far from the apartment that wouldn't totally suck as a primary care provider. I need to talk to them about that in a couple months. It seems surreal to me; before moving to Arizona, I had exactly three primary care doctors. I changed from my first doctor only because he retired, and my second only because we moved 200 miles away. In two years in the territories, I've had the same number of primaries, and I'm looking for number four.

But none of that matters at this point. The important thing is the little bottle of pretty blue pills that will make all the bad stuff go away.

I was off work today because a) my job sucks and I don't get hours any more, and b) I needed a full day to try and score drugs. Debbie got cut loose early from her job because the economy sucks. So we used an Olive Garden gift card for lunch and a couple movie passes to go see Marley and Me. Holy Crap. DO NOT take small children to this movie, especially if said small children have a dog. The last 45 minutes or so of this movie will tear out their little beating hearts and stomp them to mush. Even for us it was... well... yea.

In brighter news, the feds will borrow $1.2 trillion. I remember when that was the entire budget. I remember when that was significantly more than the entire budget. That number doesn't include any of Obama's "stimulus" measures.

In typical fashion, job losses lag the recession, just as job claims lag the recovery. The new thing in the last month is that now those jobs are coming from small businesses that had hoped Santa would save them. He didn't. Expect to see lots of empty holes at the local mall.

The next financial implosion: pension funds. The feds should bail them out....

Evidence for man-made global warming continues to pile up:
Record snow in Spokane.
Dog sled race canceled: too much snow.
Twelve people die in Europe's cold and snow.

And it's only the first week of January. The really cold, harsh weather is still to come.

No Steve Jobs = crappy, boring keynote. The bright spot for me was that someone at Apple reads this blog: iTunes music will no longer have DRM and some very timorous first steps have been taken to reduce the cost of buying music through iTune.

OK; going to bed before I fall asleep on the couch.

No comments: