Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

It's 2009.

We're both home today; Debbie because she works for a real business, me because I'm still too sick to be handling food. We just spent the last hour driving around trying to find something other than an ER room that is open. All of the after-hour and urgent care clinics close on weekends and holidays here in the territories. My doctor has no answering service and no emergency number. I'm supposed to have a note from a doctor when I go back to work, but that presupposes that there is a doctor available.

Just love living in the third world.

So we stopped at Walgreens and stocked up on OTC meds instead of something that will actually address the root problem I've had for six weeks. That should keep me going until it gets bad enough that even the mental defectives that pass for doctors out here can't pretend that there isn't anything wrong with me.

Anyway, that's how 2009 is starting for us.

No comments: