Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Slow week so far at the Frost household. Everyone is just working and sleeping. Let's hear it for the American dream.

I have never been a fan of the anti-abortion movement. Their methods are crude, counter-productive, and unbiblical, while the participants alternately drape themselves in the flag and the Bible (however one would go about draping oneself with a book...). This is one of the best refutations of anti-abortionism that I have ever read. Money quote spoken at an anti-abortion rally:
“Are you here because you really want to help the unborn?” my godfather asks. “Have you taken an unwed mother into your home? Fed her? Cared for her baby? Or are you here because this is where your friends are? Are you here to indulge in a comforting sense of moral superiority? Smug in your certitude you’re not going to hell?”

....

“We know there’s a hell because Jesus said there’s one. But we don’t know if anyone’s actually in it.”

Statistics from the Barna Group show that self-identified evangelicals get abortions at about the same rate as the general public. Maybe instead of political rallies, churches need to spend the time and effort to clean up their own house.

Or not. There are reasons for the decline in evangelical influence in day-to-day life, and you will find most of them inside the church. Get your hands on any of the video materials from the Barna Group and see for yourself.

Anyone that has been around this blog very long knows that I have no respect for or patience with black "culture." But even I am stunned by the open display of racism by black "leaders." I have nothing to say other than this:

Kweisi Mfume, you are a nigger. Wear the label with pride.

That's not racist, by the way. I'm just "pointing out the obvious."

Remind me again why I should have any respect for these people or anyone who follows them?

And I'm sure that is quite enough for a day.

No comments: