Friday, July 21, 2023

Andrew Tate

I have to be honest. Until Tucker Carlson did an interview with him, I had never heard of Andrew Tate or his brother Tristan. I just don't run in those circles, I guess. What that means is that my judgement of the Tate brothers is entirely based on what I saw in that interview with Tucker, and it is simply this:

Andrew Tate (and presumably his brother) is a narcissistic, misogynistic pig. If I had a teen-age son or daughter, I would move heaven and earth to ensure they would never be within 10,000 miles of a Tate. When someone spends an entire interview bragging about what a great guy he is, all I see is a perpetually insecure little boy who needs to make everyone around him small in order to make himself feel better.

Having said that, I do think the charges against him sound like complete bullshit. Yes, he is a creepy guy who likes to hang around with kids a little too much, but unless someone is accusing him of under-aged sex (and that is not what he is being charged with), none of this is illegal. The key witnesses are denying that any of the accusations are true, so of course the government claims that they must be brainwashed. The entire case looks like a frame job, an attempt to dent the Tate's because they are assholes. 

An update to my previous post: the third roofer came and checked things out, and pretty much landed dead between the first two. The first guy told us our entire roof was shit, and the second guy said there wasn't a damn thing wrong with it. The third guy told us that the installation was shit, but that the membrane is fine and no evidence of damage or wear or leaks. So we dodged that $7,000 bullet. At least for now.

Well, it's late. Later.

No comments: