Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Not much to report. Last night was just phone calls to potential soccer players, the rest of a movie I had started yesterday (the original Dune), then bed.

And just to beat a patch of grass where a dead horse used to be, I want to restate one point that I have made before, but maybe not as explicitly as I should have. In the whole evolution vs. creation debate, I'm not looking to make any converts. If someone asks, I will tell them that I have been convinced after years of studying the evidence, that the earth is ancient and all living things on earth are related via common decent. If someone wishes to believe God poofed the world into existence 6,000 years ago, I really don't mind. If someone wants to believe in a global flood and all living things on earth in a big wooden ship, I really don't mind. Try to use my tax dollars to teach it as science? That I mind a great deal and will fight to my dying breath. Creation Science and its bastard offspring, Intelligent Design are frauds. Every "evidence" they cite to support their case is bogus. Every "flaw" they point to in evolution, geology, cosmology, or whatever branch of science has caught their attention, is bogus. Intelligent Design is not science. Creation Science is not science.

That's all I have the energy for.

No comments: