Tuesday, August 30, 2005

First, thanks to all who continue to visit even while I haven't been posting much. I'm back on a schedule now, so maybe I will get something posted on a more routine basis. I don't really have much to report from the last week other than I nearly killed myself working outside on a variety of projects. I got a lot done, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. Cleaning out and organizing the garage and the shed took most of the two weeks. That also includes debris disposal, which involved keeping a continuous fire going for over two days. But I can now focus on other things.

Jerry Pournelle has a lot of good stuff up last week. The entire week is worth reading and thinking about.

More on the Lawrence Summers flap. There are many important lessons to be learned. One of which is to make sure that what you think you know is actually true. One good test is to find out if the person speaking has even a passing familiarity with what they are yapping on about. The squealing from the female part of Harvard's faculty is very much like the criticism of The Bell Curve by those who bragged of having never read it.

Paul Graham takes on attempts to eliminate economic inequality. It isn't possible. That's the short version. Go read his article for the somewhat longer version.

And just a little something to go along with my response to Lindsey's comment on Wednesday's post.

And that's about it for today.

No comments: