Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Slow Few Days

The last few days have been slow for us. I haven't molded bells since Thursday (Friday, I was on grinder, Monday we assembled and worked on furnaces, and today I made clappers for the 135 bells), and the weekend was mostly spent with me doing tours and Debbie working in the bakery. We went to Prescott on Saturday and just wandered around in the art galleries. I talked to another guy involved in the Prescott bronze scene and look at some very well-done bronze work, which was interesting. There was some sort of music festival in the park at the center of town that we didn't know about until we got there so we hung around until 9pm or so listening.

See? Told you it was a slow few days.

The most exciting thing that has happened recently was the Schwans guy showing up at Arcosanti last night. Woohoo!! Ice cream!! Well, actually it was hamburger patties and frozen fruit bars. The only ice cream he had left was the 2 1/2 gallon tubs. We had neither the freezer space nor the money. So for now, it's just, "woo. hamburgers. fruit bars. hoo." But he's coming back in two weeks! With ICE CREAM!!!

(ahem) Sorry. Didn't mean to shout.

1 comment:

GreatMatt said...

Slow few days? You've done more in the last few days than I've done in a month. lol. You definitely get out more than I do. :-)