Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Photos

More photos on our Flickr account. They are mostly documentation of all the digging I've been doing over the last couple months down in camp. It was a simple leach bed repair, but some rocket scientist put the bed over five feet in the ground.

As a matter of fact, I am paid by the hour.

I didn't do all the digging; A backhoe did about half the trench about three feet down. I also had some assistance from others in the maintenance department and some of the June workshop participants. But all the stuff you see in the photos, laying and leveling the perf pipe, dumping in the stone, laying down the filter fabric, setting the inspection and clean-out pipes, and starting to back-fill the trench was done by yours truly in two days. I had to constantly do finger-stretching exercises over the entire weekend before my hands stopped looking like I was still holding a shovel. The good news is that next week, we will be renting a frontloader for another project, and I will get to use it for an hour or so to finish up the project.

No comments: