Tuesday, December 20, 2005

We spent a major chunk of this weekend just sorting through the piles of crap stacked in every room. A lot went into the file cabinet, but even more when straight into the trash. I'm not sure where this stuff comes from, but is just flows into our house in an endless stream. I either have to devote an entire day every few weeks to deal with it, or I have to spend a solid hour every single day just to keep the horizontal surfaces in house clean.

Yesterday I took an unscheduled day off work for generator maintenance and snow plowing. I ended up taking the Honda into the shop for carburetor work. It's been getting weaker and weaker, until Sunday when it couldn't hold frequency under load. We are now on our four-year-old 5KVA Yamaha generator and praying it holds up. So far, it's been running like a champ, but it has a lot of hours on it. My experience is that one day it will just die without warning. Then we will be in a major crunch, because we have no backup and no money to buy another generator.

Tonight, I will once again be working on E-Bay and its book-selling cousin, Half.com.

That's all I have time for today.

No comments: