Thursday, December 08, 2005

Today I saw the first sunshine in a couple weeks. There is snow everywhere, meaning I get to spend the next two or three days in the truck plowing snow.

whoopee.

Otherwise, there just isn't anything going on right now. I have no motivation whatsoever to go anywhere or do anything.

Anyway, I blogged a while back about fights between students at a Houston-area high school and the New Orleans student refugees. It seems time isn't helping things much. Fights, marking, and vandalism have become common. The previous article has pictures which pretty much told the story: black, inner-city kids from New Orleans wearing colors vs. the "normal" students. This article has no photos, but I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that they would look remarkably similar to the previous ones. When will people learn that inner-city blacks are a separate nation that does not want, nor is it able, to assimilate into the mainstream American culture.

That's it.

No comments: