Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Another weekend came and went. At least I got a few things done during this one. Debbie worked Saturday, so Nestina and I cleaned house, finished painting the floors, started on another closet organizer, and other assorted tasks. We spent the evening at my sister's place being recruited into the Team of Destiny (the latest incarnation of the Amway empire). All I hear about is how much money everyone makes at this, but when I divide the gross revenue of the corporation by the number of Independent Business Owners, I get about $2,000 per year. As a supplemental income, that isn't that great. It certainly won't pay off my house in 5 years and let me retire in 10. Working the same number of hours, I could make that much in a month in a variety of ways. Or maybe it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I'm just going to miss out.

Sunday, we had a progressive dinner between services with the teens. It went pretty well. One of last year's high school grads was saved after the morning service. I was geeked. Anyway, a good day all around.

Monday was just work then home to spend the entire evening trying to find the top of my desk. I actually succeeded. I can finally get back to working on my college stuff. Today was a little goofy. Debbie was working late, so she sent Nestina home with her car. We drove in around 7pm to get her and pick some things up at Nestina's mom's place. We barely got in the door and one of Nestina's friends called and wanted to spend the night. So I drove Nestina back into town to pick up her friend. Lots of extra miles, but I promised Nestina's friends when she moved out here, that they could come out any time they wanted to.

That's pretty much it. There is some good stuff out there that I need to link into here and make some comments, but it's way past my bedtime.

Later.

No comments: