Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Today started a little gray, but turned into a great day, weather-wise. No big plans other than working all day, finishing up homework for Thursday, and getting a lesson ready for youth group tomorrow. I already have a good idea of what we will be covering, so I should be able to get that together in a couple hours.

I had intended to get my homework done last night, but I wasn't feeling great and ended up falling asleep on the couch when I was supposed to be reading. I went to bed early and still could barely drag myself out of bed this morning. Spring thaw is always a rough time for me, so I'm hoping that's all it is and not something serious coming on.

Politics:

Haiti continues to exterminate itself and it's all our fault because the Marines won't go charging all over the country killing people. Of course, if we did, I'm sure the same people would be pissin' and moanin' about human rights violations. To add insult to injury, that worthless nigroid Aristide is suing the United States for "kidnapping." Fine. I say we dump his stupid black ass back in Port-au-Prince and withdraw the Marines. I figure he'd stay alive for all of five minutes. We'd be doing the Haitians and humanity a favor. The Congressional Black Caucus is sticking it's nose into this as well. Like any of them have a clue as to what really happened (Side note: Are their whites in the Black Caucus? If not, isn't that racist? Can there be a White Caucus?). In my opinion, the fact that members of congress align themselves with scum like Aristide because he is the same race disqualifies them from serving in congress on grounds of diminished IQ. But that's just my opinion. Of course this is my blog; if you don't agree start your own blog.

Science:

Evidence for substantial water on Mars continues to trickle in (ha). NASA is being very careful in their announcements; this is such a huge thing I'm sure the pressure is immense to get it right. Understand we are not talking about flash flooding as a result of ice melt from an asteroid impact or some such. These are multiple layers laid down over a long time in standing water. In the past, the best evidence always had a non-water explaination. This time, there isn't one. It was water, lots of it, for a long time. This could get interesting; a wet Mars will immediately trigger a no-holds-barred search for microbial fossils. The results of that research could be a huge body blow to fundamental Christianity and creationism.

And that's likely enough for now. I need to finish eating (which I can't do while typing) and get back to work.

No comments: