Friday, March 05, 2004

I survived another late-night drive home from college. It was raining and 44 degrees F in Grand Rapids when I left. The temperature dropped steadily as I drove north. By the time I got to the truck stop outside of Reed City it was only two degrees above freezing. I had hoped to get some info on conditions further north from some of the truckers, but everyone there was heading the same way I was. I hit freezing rain in Cadillac (no surprise there) but 131 hadn't started to ice up yet. I managed to get home around 1:30am this morning.

We should have received our grades from the last class, but didn't. This is typical of what we had to put up with throughout the class. Normally, I know what my grade is going to be, but in this case, I have no clue. There is no excuse for running a class in such a disorganized manner.

I didn't get to work this morning until 9:30am, so I'll be sitting here half the evening. The plan is to have dinner at my parents house so we can check on things and water all my mom's plants (the parental units are basking in 70 degree temps in Florida). While we are there, we can watch Joan of Arcadia  and whatever else is on the boob tube. We can't get any reception in the basement and there currently isn't a TV in the cabin. We really haven't missed it much, but there are a few shows we like to catch and Joan  is one of them. This way we kill two birds with one stone. We get to watch our shows and we fulfill our obligation to check on the parents' place and try to keep my mom's plants alive. We both have a black thumb, so that is more of a challenge that it sounds.

Anyway, lunch is over and I have a lot of typing to do today. Fun stuff.

No comments: