Monday, May 01, 2023

Temporary Living

We are in our temporary home where we will be for the next few weeks. So far, it looks like winter was relatively gentle here: only a couple down trees out on the periphery of the "yard". No big limbs laying in the yard (or worse, on the roof) and no damage we've been able to find to any of the buildings. 

The plan remains the same. We will be here for a day after my dad's 90th birthday party, then we will be hittin' the road. I think the panic is starting to set in with various family members as they realize that my parents are losing their house niggers. So be it.

The news is focused on trivia, as usual. Fox fired Tucker Carlson! CNN fired Don Lemon! No word on why we have boots on the ground in the Ukraine, contrary to the muppet "Joe Biden". Which means either the commander-in-chief of the US military is unaware of even what countries the military is in (likely) or he is a liar (which is also likely). No discussion on why we have 750-800 military bases around the globe. No coverage of the millions of families that are, as I type this, losing Medicaid. No analysis of the horrifying impact that 20 years of non-stop war has had on veterans. Just more of the same: distraction.

On a personal note, one thing did happen as a result of Tucker getting canned: against my better judgement I have signed up with that great Destroyer of Civilizations, the modern Slough of Despond, the Source of All Evil, the tool of the Great Satan himself: Twitter. I did it mostly to poke the PTB's in the eye with a sharp stick by following Tucker. Then in an effort to really piss off the algorithm, I followed Donald Trump even though he hasn't really posted anything since creating Truth Social. At that point, I decided to go all in and followed every single person linked to over on the right-hand side of my page. Lets see what the algorithm makes of that hot mess. I have everything over there from Marxists to Anarco-Libertarians plus a few thrown in that defy all categorization.

 If you really want to, you can follow me @Frost333596 (a name assigned to me by the algorithm; I didn't care enough to change it to something memorable), but be warned; there will likely be very little posted other than links to any new blog posts I make. If you follow me expecting a steady stream of sarcastic wit and inciteful commentary, prepare to be disappointed. 

And that's where we are. Later.

No comments: