Monday, March 13, 2023

Bye Bye, Dilbert

Going all the way back to the very beginnings of this site, when it was hand-coded html on a server running on my PC over a dial-up connection, I have always had a link to Dilbert cartoons. That changed today when Scott Adams decided that Dilbert was so damn funny I would pay some outrageous sum every month just for the privilege of reading it. I assumed this was going to happen as soon as his original site started whinging about the fact that I run an ad-blocker in my browser. As of 8am this morning, it happened.

Sorry, Scott. I have no problem paying for content. I support several of the links over on the right side of this page. But I will be damned if I will pay for a cartoon that, frankly, seems to have lost its edge in recent years. Probably has something to do with you no longer being Dilbert and becoming the pointy-haired boss.

No comments: