Friday, August 15, 2008

Going home

It is confirmed --- I am flying back to Michigan September 11th. No, not for good.

We are selling the rest of our property and the cabin to some family member of the guys we sold the house and 100 acres to. So, I get to come home -- visit with family and friends and empty out the cabin and shed. Luckily the last major big piece of furniture just found a new home.

I still have to figure out the cheapest option of renting an Uhaul or Penske truck to transport the things to Kalkaska, Burt and Waterford. (round trip or one way and make my Mom drive me back to Traverse City and my rental car)

I emailed a couple guys and talked to a couple nephews and a dear friend to try to arrange some help with loading and unloading up north. Then that friend is planning a special "Debbie Frost day" --- she gets me the whole day and will see who can come for lunch and the rest for a dinner get together and chat fest. The one way rental might work best since that will give me extra time with my Mom. We haven't had much one on one time.

I am just soooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have to email my old coworkers and try to plan a night/afternoon with them. A night with the nieces/nephews if I can get them all together for one night. Maybe combine with a night with Don and Shirley and Richard and Sally......I don't have too many nights to do dinner with everyone I want to. I am using up all of my PTO time again --- pray that I don't get sick between now and the end of Sept.

Ric is working another double tonite. He is going to be dragging by his day off on Sunday. At least he is building up his tip/slush fund and can buy new gadgets for the computer and new TV we got. Right now we have a kitchen chair and TV tray sitting in the middle of the living room so we can use the computer on the TV. He has ordered a new keyboard and mouse or track ball that is suppose to reach over 20ft ... then we can sit on the couch and surf the web.

No comments: