Friday, April 04, 2008

More Randomness

I'm home again blogging rather than working. Once we are back from the cruise, there will be some changes. Last night, the restaurant was busy, but I wasn't called in. I just had to show up to clean. Tonight, the owner has family from out of town that want to work in the restaurant, so here I sit. Of course, they don't want to clean, so I'll be walking down tonight at 8:30 to handle that. I have no idea what I'll be doing tomorrow. Like I said; after the cruise. For now, status quo and grab every hour where ever I can get it.

Along the same lines, I talked to the owner of the bakery today about picking up Mondays. That means I will be working six days a week, but only four hours or so and I'm done by 3pm. Much easier on the rest of my life. If I can pick up even an extra hour a day, I can dump the restaurant job and get my evenings back. I might even be able to go back to normal sleep patterns. It was nice going to bed at a decent time and getting up in the morning. It would be great to get back to that.

Not much else going on with us other than making lists of all the stuff we need to do to get ready for being out of the country for three weeks. I need to get the taxes done this weekend so we can send in our life savings to the IRS. You gotta love the tax code: cut annual income by 60% and end up owing hundreds instead of getting a refund of hundreds. This year should be better; we won't have any extraordinary events although working multiple part-time jobs will probably screw things up a little. We shouldn't owe anywhere near what we do this year, but I would be surprised if we didn't end up paying in a small amount. That I can live with.

Well, I'm going to go read for a bit before I have to scrub pots and floors.

No comments: