Sunday, April 13, 2008

Follow the Money

Jerry Pournelle on the climate "consensus:"
EVERYONE but the stupid enviro dolts can agree that burning energy to make fertilizer to grow food to burn for less energy is stupid; but then Gore and company get rich out of this, the UN scientists get their grants, the consensus scientists get tenure and travel and conferences in Rio and Kyoto, and what the hell do they care what the consequences of their actions are?

My father makes cheap prophylactics,
He punctures each head with a pin,
While grandma grows rich from abortions,
My God how the money rolls in.

There are those elements to the "consensus" theories. Follow the money.

And the Country Club Republicans clean up as well. Everyone benefits! Well, everyone who actually matters...

Perhaps I am overly tired and thus overly bitter today.
I'd say just being factual rather than bitter, but what to I know? I just scrub pots for a living....

No comments: