Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cruising

I was in Ft Lauderdale last week for a cruise training event. One of CLIA's biggest -- the 4th annual cruise 3sixty conference. We had several classes and seminars to chose from. I took several -- all were good -- one lousy -- one great. We had three general sessions -- all interesting. The last was the best --- we got to see/experince four different groups from the cruise line entertainment staff. The one from Celebrity was awesome --- a variation of the Cirque line.

The three ship inspections I had didn't turn out so well. The first had lots of delays and basically we got to see the dining room, have lunch, walk up one deck across the ship and back down to exit. The next day the first ship inspection was okay ... the second didn't happen. We had just gotten inside the embarkation terminal when the fire alarms went off. They had to clear the whole building. We were told it would take 30-40 minutes to clear the alarm/building. I was cutting it close as it was to get to the airport in time for my flight. Our leader called another bus back to pick up those of us that wanted to go back to the convention center instead of waiting to hopefully tour the ship. That ship (the Radiance of the Seas/Royal Caribbean) was the one I really wanted to see. It is HUGE! Oh well...maybe another time.

Today we got an email about a FAM trip (seminar at seas) on Royal Caribbean ship doing a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise. I was excited --- I have never toured or cruised to that area. Then I looked at the dates..... May 11-May 18 It leaves the Sunday after I get home from my cruise tour. I still told my boss I would be interested. It will be fun to see if I get it. Imagine flying home from Rome on Friday --- unpacking/washing clothes/repacking and flying to LA Sat night or Sun am. Hey....if it gets okayed....I'm sure I can handle it. (I just hate to think of how many emails I would have after being off for 4 weeks!)

No comments: