Saturday, March 15, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

I was going to post another of my uplifting posts on the economy, but it's getting boring.

So instead, by popular demand (OK, so it was only one person; sue me), here is a gross-out picture of my foot. This is what dish detergent does to your skin:



Maybe Madge would like to soak her fingers in this stuff.

Work is interesting right now. Everyone knows chef is getting fired tomorrow except chef. He started blustering today about how things were going to work in "his" kitchen. Every person in the kitchen quickly walked out or had sudden coughing fits. But in 24 hours, it will be over for better or worse. Monday, we have an all-hands staff meeting to be introduced to the new guy. The restaurant owner is making the point to everyone that he is not a chef, just a line cook.

The interesting thing is that there are systemic problems with the restaurant, as anyone would expect in a new business owned and operated by someone that has never owned or operated a restaurant before. But in typical scapegoat fashion, all the "sins of the people" are being heaped on chef's head who is about to be driven into the wilderness. So what happens on Tuesday morning when 90% of the current problems are still staring everyone in the face?

One more reason why I just scrub pots.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, now that's pretty awesome. Excellent holy foot picture.

Tom said...

Wow! You should post a bigger disclaimer. I clicked on the picture on accident and downloaded it on my new widescreen monitor at 100% resolution, and nearly did a technicolor yawn right on my keyboard. Very impressive to say the least, but it probably did a really nice job on any athlete's foot or toenail fungus!

Anonymous said...

Morning Ric - There R no words to describe my discomfort when I saw your "yucky foot picture" !!!! Looks terribly painful - hope it heals fast. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow. I didn't imagine it that bad, even after you told me like four times. Good thing it didn't spill in other - inappropriate - places. Right?
-Cody, A.K.A. Firehouse friend. :P

Ric said...

The weird part is that it really doesn't hurt. There is one place where my work shoes hits on the largest hole; that starts to get a little tender at the end of my shift, but otherwise, I don't feel any significant discomfort. At first, there was a lot of numbness, so I thought I had done some nerve damage (Like I need that on my feet being diabetic and all.), but even that seems to be going away.