Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who's got snow?

Not us! But parts of Michigan look like it is getting snow each day for the 10day forecast. I guess you can blame Ric and I. Because, of course, we are flying home for a real quick weekend to take care of a few things. I'm thinking our snow boots are packed up at Mom's house.

Things are going well with the new job. I'm still in training -- one more week (next week) and a day and I'm done with their official new agent training. I have a client coming in tomorrow afternoon to book a Mexican Riviera cruise. Yeah! I did an air/car/hotel reservation on Monday and some car reservations in Hawaii for somebody today. Other than that, I haven't been able to take any calls or walk ins before this. It is nice to finally start working again. The training is nice. I'm picking up a lot of new things that I never learned while at North Village Travel. AAA really knows how to train. I give them an A in the travel agent training department.

Remember I can book your trip -- even with me here in Arizona -- and you there in Michigan or Massachusetts or where ever you are! AAA does charge a service fee for airline tickets -- non members $50!, but members only pay $20. They do NOT charge a service fee for tours/cruises unless extensive research is needed. That is nice.

We are slowly getting things ready to move to our new housing before we fly to Michigan this weekend. Ric is working on painting a bedbox/shelving unit he made from scratch. (Great idea and design .. I"m sure we will have pictures of it next month) Most of the things are packed and moved over or waiting til the last minute to go over. Next month we plan on hitting a big thrift store in Prescott Valley and a few other places looking for some decent (and cheap) furniture. We really need a new mattress. The air mattress we are using gets too many holes in it. This last one I can't find yet. It is really frustrating to wake up after a couple hours and be on an almost flat air mattress!

No comments: