Sunday, November 26, 2006

More Photos

Been busy cleaning up all the digital photos that have accumulated in the last few years. I have all of 2006 on Flickr except our photos of Arcosanti and our trip to the Grand Canyon last week for my birthday. I'll get those sorted out and uploaded tomorrow. There is only around 400 images to sift through, so it should be no problem to get them squared away.

Still busy down here in America's Southwest. Thanksgiving was an all-day thing starting with food at 2:30pm and ending with soccer under the vaults around midnight. Yesterday, we spent most of the day after Thanksgiving doing administrivia. We stopped at the Mayer post office to mail off a couple things, got an oil change and an Arizona license plate for the Durango, Arizona driver's licenses for both of us, car insurance quotes, and opened a bank account. That pretty much ate up the entire day.

Other than that, we've both been working hard here at Arcosanti, both at our regular workshop jobs and some other odd jobs which we don't get paid for, and doing shifts in the cafe, which we do get paid for. I could start making pretty decent money if I would get off my lazy butt and read through the tour guide information and started giving tours, but I can't seem to get motivated to do it. I'll probably push on it next week and get that in place.

We've also been looking into housing options at Arcosanti, and I'll probably get more serious about that tomorrow. At this point, we have yet to get a straight answer as to just where we will be staying, so I'm going to set up a contingency plan down in the area called The Camp. Its a little run-down, so there will be work that I'll need to do before the end of our five-week workshop on December 8th.

That's pretty much all I have for now.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hey guys! I took a minut today and looked at some of your pics. Mickey's House looked very cool! Some of it was very familiar, but I realize that Mickey has done some remodeling and expansion since I last got to visit. Maybe I will have to get a travel agent to book me a trip in a year or so!

Glad to hear that you are doing well. Ric, I hope your birthday was "Da Bomb!" We look forward to seeing the pics of your new digs and surroundings. I have looked over the Arco site and none of it makes any sense to me. Guess I'm just a Michigan redneck!

Anyway, have fun, take care, and be good! I'll keep checking in!

Tom