Thursday, August 10, 2006

Best and Worst

Here is a description of some else's best job ever. I've had jobs that were close, but not that good. One had lots of food and alcohol, another let you wear jeans, one even doubled my pay in a single raise (of course I was making minimum wage, but still...). But I've never experienced anything like what Trix describes. You could get a close approximation of my current job by taking the exact opposite of each of the 12 points.

And Scott Adams describes the worst job ever here. I love his solutions for the middle east. My only disagreement is that he pulls his punches by saying his solutions aren't "THAT much worse than the current method." Actually, they are no worse, and probably better than what we are doing now.

2 comments:

GreatMatt said...

Wow, some people have all the luck. I wish I could ride my bike in the office! The only problem is that if I ordered in everyday, I would be fatter than I already am. Which is mostly from my eating out most every day. :-)

Admin said...

Yea, having ready access to a cafeteria has had a definite negative impact on the size of certain regions of my anatomy. If it was free as well, I would have to live in my cubicle because I wouldn't fit through the door.

Almost as bad was my consulting gig at Dominos Pizza headquarters: you could order pizza delivered to your desk. That was dangerous to both health and wallet.