Thursday, June 23, 2005

Good Morning All!

It has been our "normal strange and busy" around here lately. This past Saturday our family divided to hit all the things we had committed to....split differently than originally planned since Ric forgot what weekend Father's Day was! Oh well....I should get used to being the odd person out sometime. Anyways ..... Ric and Nestina hit a couple open houses, stopped at home to pick up the baked beans that had been cooking since the morning, headed over to a Father/Child gathering at a church members house, then after that headed out to another open house. Ric's Dad came home to go to the Father/Child thing and brought two of his grandkids also, so a few "Frost" were there. I had headed down to Breckenridge for another open house for two of my cousins. Kinda chilly, but lots of good food, family and fun. I got to meet my newest cousin to be that is getting married 2Jul (Candace) -- Jason (the groom!) had to introduce me as their travel agent -- and cousin. At this point being their travel agent is more important than the blood relationship since I got them booked on a GREAT HONEYMOON!

Then home around 10p or so to find Ric chilling out in front of a movie and no Nestina. She had gotten permission to stay over to his niece's house with her and another friend. WELL --- things didn't go to well and we got a phone call around 1:30am to come get Nestina. I didn't know the parents weren't going to be home until late ... but I was surprised (and disappointed) in what the girls managed to do before the parental figures got home. Yes ... Nestina and Courtney this is directed at you both! Ric and I have to get better at this parenting thing soon ....

Next week in church summer camp for Nestina and I have most of the week off. I hope to get alot accomplished here at the house. I had originally asked for this week off thinking it would be the perfect week to take two of my nieces for the summer, but they had plans with their Mom to go to Florida. Oh well....more time to work around here. FUN?! Anybody want to come help?!

Work is going well....busy in spurts like the summer goes. I wish new owners would realize we are nothing like Grand Rapids area and adjust our "quotas" .... I hardly ever make 100% and not too many times 75%. I guess I will never see a raise again. I love doing my job -- most of the time! I really hate those people that don't know where they want to go ... someplace warm and cheap! Hmmmm, please narrow down some PLEASE! Or the ones that usually deal with another agent that make the comment, I always deal with Melanie (or Colette) and she does a great job finding us the best air price, can you? I would really love to answer sometime NO! (but i'm afraid I would lose my job!)

Things at home are still muddling along, we really have to dig in and get things back to halfway normal like before Christmas. I know I'm as guilty as Ric, but plan on changing things. I want to get back on that steady footing I was beginning to feel before Christmas and all the changes in our lives. We both have to work together to accomplish it. Maybe we can get on the same page again about all or at least most of the aspects in our lives now.

News in my family ... my brother Steve (almost 1yr younger than me) is RETIRING from the Air Force. YIKES! CONGRATS to him. Mom is having a big shingdig in August at her house, it will be a blast. I recently heard from Mom, that another of my brothers (Tony) just accepted a new job in Alpena. CONGRATS to him. He is living in Flint and was working down in or near Detroit ... talk about a drive! That is one of the reasons he was looking for something else. It will be neat to have him up in the northern country. I've never been to Alpena, now will be my chance. I wish them luck in finding a new home in Alpena.

Well...I should get going soon to shower and get ready for work. Late morning today to kill some hours ..... hopefully not too busy the next two days since I"m off next week and can't follow thru on any uncommitted people.

Have a great day! If you want to email me directly ... send to debbieann64@yahoo.com with your comments and thoughts. You can post quick comments here (Ric has found out you can't get too long winded with comments!)

No comments: