Saturday, August 12, 2023

Radio Silence

Sorry for disappearing for the last twelve days or so. I had a rather bizarre medical issue that pretty much took me out completely. For several days, my left ear was plugged, like I'd just got off a plane, except it wouldn't clear. I already had an appointment with my primary and figured I would bring it up with him when I saw him. Then out of the blue, I had the most intense pain I've ever experienced, like I was being stabbed in my ear hole. That lasted for about 10 hours, then all hell broke loose. Funky, bloody puss shot out of my ear all over my shirt and kept draining out for about a week. The current theory is I had some sort of inner ear infection, so I've been downing antibiotics like crazy. I'm not sure it's really working, but I guess I just have to wait it out. At least I don't have smelly gunk pouring out of my ear hole, so I can at least go out in public.

So now I'm in catch-up mode after basically sleeping for a week straight. And just because I didn't have enough to deal with, I went and got myself elected to the board of our local Moose Lodge. That comes with a bunch of responsibilities that at a minimum will get my lazy ass out of the house at least a couple times a week. We'll just have to see how that goes with all my other medical crap we have to deal with.

I could get into the whole political mess that the race for the presidency has become, but I seriously have a stack of papers I need to get into the computer. Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later.

No comments: