Friday, June 16, 2023

Update on the Banana Republic

First, a bit of housekeeping: When I refer to Joe Biden or the Biden regime, I'm talking about the people behind the curtain. I don't think anyone can argue that Joe Biden has agency at this point. My own father suffers from dementia so I am intimately familiar with the signs. I don't care what some so-called doctor says, Joe Biden, the man with the nuclear "football", is in serious decline. Constantly repeating the phrase "the people behind Joe Biden" would be cumbersome, so I'll just say "Biden" instead. OK?

Biden is doing everything in his considerable power as President (something that should have been discussed many presidents ago) to imprison his main political opponent. The news media no longer even pretends to be objective, instead gong full court press for whatever insanity the deep state is trying to push on us. Citizens fleeing the country in fear for their lives landing in, of all places, Russia. As a kid of the Cold War, I feel like I've fallen through some wormhole into Bizarre-o World where people flee persecution in the US and head straight to Russia. Russia! Trump is having problems putting together a legal team because Biden has threatened to disbar anyone who defends him.

I could go on forever with this stuff, but why bother? The country I grew up in is dead and buried.

And yes, I am aware there are some who are convinced that Elon Musk, the Great White Hope will save us all. He won't. Sorry. Uncle Elon is tightly coupled to the government and will do whatever Biden or some faction of the Deep State tells him to do. Sure he revealed what many of us already knew about the collusion between Twitter and the government, but that is looking more and more like a limited hangout. Nothing has really changed on Twitter. Say the wrong thing and your account is suspended. Say the wrong thing too many times and your account is deleted. The government is still issuing take-down "requests" and Elon's team honors them at a higher rate than the previous management. That doesn't sound like anything I would call "free speech". 

Ah well. I'll just go cheer myself up by watching Tucker Carlson's videos. At least until they chase his ass off to Russia.

No comments: