Saturday, October 19, 2019

Rain, Rain, Go Away

So for the last month or so, it's been hot and dry. All of our plants were starting to look pretty sad and I was wishing for some rain. Know how they say be careful what you wish for? Well...


That's a photo Debbie took of the overflowing retention pond right across the road from our trailer. We're high enough that we don't have any water damage, but some of our neighbors were not so lucky. Thanks Nestor. Glad to have met you.

I know, I know. I'd bitch if I was hung with a new rope....

Speaking of bitchin', I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks precious little Greta needs to shut up and go back to school. There are no simple solutions to complex problems, only simple-minded ones based on a lack of knowledge. Maybe Greta should quit skipping school and spend a little more time in the library. Zero carbon means going back to the lifestyles of around 1800 or so. That means little Greta would be getting schooled in a one-room school house (if she was being schooled at all) and would be spending most of her non-school time doing hard physical labor on the family's subsistence farm. Not sailing around in million dollar sailboats and staying in posh hotels while lecturing us poor dumb rubes on how we are personally responsible for every bad thing that will ever happen to her.

One of the reasons the climate change movement has crashed and burned so badly is that every single person yapping about how I should be riding a bicycle or taking the bus insists that because they are a Very Important Person, they get to fly on private jets and ride around in chauffeured limousines. ( I'm looking hard in your direction, AOC.) A little practicing what you preach would go a long way.

Well, that's probably enough whinging for one day. I think I'll try to keep these things a little shorter, then maybe I'll post more often than once every three or four months.

No comments: