Monday, March 29, 2010

"...enshrined in some little folder..."

Today started off at the po-lice officers' station getting a study in black and white of my fingerprints, which I sent off to Washington where they will undoubtedly be enshrined in some little folder. The IRS requires fingerprints as part of the ERO application process. I realize they may not want lowlifes and criminals doing tax returns, but I was a bit bemused given that I didn't have to submit fingerprints for my FFL application, but I do in order to submit e-filed returns for other people. In any case, the whole process had Alice's Restaurant running through my head all day. I almost started singin' a few bars while at the po-lice officers' station, but I managed to keep it to myself.

The big news of the day: Debbie's mom is finally home. I can only assume that Debbie is on her way back to New Hampshire. I don't have any word on what arrangements are being made for her in-home care, but just the fact that she's finally home instead of in the hospital is a huge deal for everyone.

On the non-news front, the CBO reports debt will rise due to health care reform, bank bail-outs, Social Security, Medicare, and other government largess. Nice to see someone who collects a government paycheck doesn't have their head completely shoved up their ass. Repeat: it is not possible to add $1 trillion to the budget and not increase the deficit without a massive increase in taxes on everyone. Unless the only thing you ever see is the inside of your own colon.

Meanwhile, US troops deaths rise in our little forgotten Forever War in the Middle East. I'm sure our soldiers appreciate being ignored except when we are cutting funding for VA hospitals. There is no possible way that can ever end badly.

That's all I can muster, mister. For some reason I could not sleep last night. I finally fell asleep about four hours before my alarm went off. Not good.

No comments: