Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The End is in Sight

The end of tax season is in sight. At least I can see the row for April 15 on my spreadsheet I use to track the number of returns we complete each day. Today we may as well have been closed; in fact, we haven't completed a single return since around 11am yesterday. I think the schools are closed again (I don't recall have several week-long vacations when I was in school...), which means a lot of people are likely out of town. But it sure makes for a looooong day. You can only watch so many videos of guys doing stupid things that end with them getting smacked in the nads before your brain turns to mush.

Debbie's mom is still doing well. She is off all blood pressure meds and is down to just the "nose hole tubes" for oxygen. She was able to get out of bed and sit in a chair for short bits today. They are keeping her in the surgical ICU for at least one more day before moving her to a regular room, so it's still no visitors and no phone calls for a while longer. But you can keep yourself updated and leave her messages here.

I see the Democratic leadership is determined to create a constitutional crisis. I guess "we won" means that a handful of people can run the country like a private fief. I repeat: this will not end well. More on why this is a bad idea from KipEsquire.

The price of "green" power, which will fall hardest on those who can least afford it. Anyone who thinks the higher rates charged to business and industry won't be reflected in the price of everything is as big a fool as those who think "green" power is.

I think I'll do a bit of reading, then hit the sack.

No comments: