Saturday, November 22, 2008

Losing "their" money

I've been home from work sick since Wed (bad cold). I figured it has been pretty slow and no sense of me being at work with my coughing and blowing my nose every few minutes. I found out today (by email) that if I am off sick 3 or more days, I need a note from a doctor to return to work. Huh? At first, I replied back that I could come in later in the afternoon so I wouldn't need the note. Then I decided I needed to renew one of my RX that I have been out of and might as well as kill two birds with one stone. The doctor's office couldn't get me in today --- first Dr appt was Monday at 230p. I told them that wouldn't work too well, so I have an appt with the PA at 830a. So, I emailed my boss back and said never mind replying to my first email ---- I had a Dr's appt Monday and would be in late!

Anyways --- today I was playing around checking out things on the computer. One was my 401K from AAA. They are matching part of what I put in --- and basically so far this year --- I've lost all "their" money! I have to decide for next year to keep having money taken out and hope things turn around or to take the money in my check and put it in our money market or a CD and earn some money.

I also looked into my medflex acct (pre-tax dollars for medical spending) and it looks out of whack. I guess I will have to print out the history and figure out where they are getting one of the numbers.

The bright thing I looked into today was my Stampin' Up figures. I am set for this quarter for sales. (Thanks to a couple girls and myself at work) Now I will need help beginning in Jan to continue this. Anybody out there need to buy anything for yourself or a relative or friend?????

The other good news is I am almost done with making my Christmas cards (thanks to Stampin' Up things). I have a few to finish up with color or .... once I get back things I loaned out to the gals at work after our last card making party. (So, be watching your mail in December for a hand made card from us. I made a 100!)

Sunday we are going to see a Cirque du Soleil production in Prescott Valley for Ric's birthday. (Yep, we are the same age for just under 2 months) It will be interesting to see how good it is compared to the others I've seen in Vegas and Disney World. I"m sure one of us will be blogging about that after we see it.

No comments: