Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I've Sold My Soul...

...to Google. I've moved all our documents to Google Docs and Spreadsheets. I use only Google Search. I have a Google homepage. This site in on Blogger, which is owned by Google. When Google Archive comes on-line, I will be all over that as an off-site backup solution. And today, I started setting up Google Alerts to keep me up-to-date on the world. Right now I just have some very basic ones for Alden, Prescott, specific space stuff, etc. They are way too broad and I need to do some research on how to narrow things down. But eventually, these will replace the handful of links in the News section of the links over on the right.

Now, theoretically, Google sifts through all that flotsam and sells my personal information to advertisers to pay for all these great services. I'm not sure what the glean from my college papers and the fact that I'm interested in the Mars rovers, but anything I get hit with will be mild compared to the endless offers of free Gateway laptops and pills to "grow your member up to 3" a day!!!!!" cluttering up my inbox, and the sixteen credit card offers a day stuffing my mailbox.

Go Google!!

2 comments:

Borrego said...

Don't sell your soul to Google. Nothing good will come of it.

Ric said...

Awe, it isn't so bad. Kind of a sweet deal, really.

Hey! Why is there a guy in some weird suit coming in my apartment?!?! Let go of my arm!! Help!! Someone call the cops!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!