Friday, September 22, 2006

LAST DAY!!! WOO HOOO!!!

This is it! I'm outa here! One more day of doing a lot of nothing and I Am Done!!!

For a little while. It's not like we hit the lottery or anything....

It says something when the your last day is the only time you can remember in several years that you actually looked forward to getting to work.

And to make life even sweeter, tonight is The Auction. Wednesday night, we almost killed ourselves loading a 24 foot truck with more crap than we had when we moved up here. Yesterday morning, our auctioneer and I unloaded it all at the American Legion hall. And that is it. I never have to touch any of it ever again. And now that the auction is out of the way, our attention can be completely focused on getting the house completely cleaned out and everything sorted into two piles: goes with us in the Durango on October 15th, or gets packed in plastic bins and stored in Debbie's mom's garage until we send for it or come back for it.

It also looks like we will be driving down to Chicago next week for some cruise training for Debbie. I'll just be wandering around downtown Chicago Thursday and Friday. I have a couple contacts there, so maybe I'll look them up.

Anyway, I need to take care of all the "last day" crap, so more later!

3 comments:

GreatMatt said...

Congrats! Enjoy your last day. Now you can look forward to some manual labor in Arizona! See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

when did you get a durango?? I am so looking into get a red durango....

Admin said...

I traded off the Chevy 3500 for a Durango almost the minute I decided I wasn't spending another winter in Michigan.