Saturday, November 26, 2022

Gobble Gobble!!!

Well, it's the day after the day after Thanksgiving. I realized that it has been awhile since I put anything up here, so while I have a bit of downtime... well... ya know.

Our holiday was relatively quiet. We had dinner on Thursday with my parents at their church, then played dominoes until it was time for me to start up my daily medical crap (dialysis, if you care). I've never been a big holiday person. It was always the same routine: too many people in too small of a space eating too much food. I have never understood what any of that has to do with giving thanks or the birth of Jesus or whatever. My distaste for all that likely stems from my Aspergers more than anything else.

The Red Tsunami was reduced to a trickle with the GOP barely gaining control of the House and the senate looking to end in another 50/50 tie. (And yes, we are going into the third week since the election and in the country that calls itself the Beacon of Democracy, we still don't know all the results.) Everyone has a theory why so I'll throw out my own. It's really quite simple. What exactly did the Republicans run on? They tried to make the case that we should vote for them because "Joe Biden" has done so many horrible things. OK, so let's say for the sake of argument that I agree with that sentiment. What I would then be looking for is what Republicans are going to do to fix it. Don't just point out the other guy's faults, tell me in plain English how you intend to go about correcting the problem. High inflation, job losses, high gas prices, homelessness, the mess at the southern border. Even if I buy your argument that all those things are solely the fault of the current corpse-in-chief (and I don't), what is your plan to fix it? That was never articulated to the public, so like me, many that may have been leaning towards the GOP stayed home.

And yes, there was voter fraud. So what? There has been voter fraud in every election since the Greeks invented the thing 3,000 year ago. I've heard a lot of bitching about ballot harvesting carried out by Democrats. Bitching is fine and dandy, but how 'bout Republicans do some ballot harvesting themselves? Start in California among the non-English-speaking people from Vietnam, Korea, Indonesia. These people are very conservative. And they are easy to find. Just start hitting the churches they attend. That one step could very possibly turn solid blue California into a red state. Now wouldn't that be a hoot and a half? Hillary Clinton would drop dead.

Well, that's it for me. We have another Thanksgiving-ish thing today with the Evil Corner Club. Not sure what's on the menu, but I'm sure leftover turkey will play a starring role. In honor of getting the ECC back together, we will be bringing Death by Chocolate. My blood suger is spiking just thinking about it....

No comments: