Monday, November 14, 2016

A Too-Frequent Conversation

We are sitting on our double recliner, reading books. Suddenly, the hair on my neck stands up. I look to my right and see Debbie glaring at me.

"What? I swear I didn't fart!"

"Notice anything different?"

My eyes dart around the room as I break into a panic sweat.

"Ummmm......"

"MY HAIR!"

"It... uh... it is different. Did you get it cut today?"

"I HAD IT CUT TWO DAYS AGO!"

"Oh. I like it. It looks nice."

"You suck."

"Yea... but I love you."

"Shut up and read your book."

This scene plays out several times a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Frank is usually with me, so he never falls into this anymore. Be more attentive Ric.
Mary

Anonymous said...

I swear I don't glare! LOL and the funniest part of this is the real thing it was about - not a haircut; but "other hair"! Debbie :-)