Sunday, September 02, 2007

ROYGBIV

How many of you know what roygibv refers to? This is something I learned in school that I remember to this day -- along with dessert is spelled with 2 s's because we always would love 2 helpings of dessert. roygbiv ---- the colors of a rainbow in order -- red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. Wednesday on my way home from a seminar in Phoenix I saw for the first time the biv in a rainbow. Now I couldn't really distinguish the difference in the indigo and violet, but I definitely could see the blue and two more variations. As I got closer to Arcosanti, I had another first -- seeing the complete rainbow -- the whole arc in the sky. I called Ric and told him to run outside to see it -- it was raining where I was, but he said it wasn't raining at Arco yet. He got some pictures -- with our small digital -- it is hard to get the whole arc in one picture. But, he was able to see it himself. By the time I got here, the clouds had rolled in and covered most of the rainbow. The other interesting thing we notice out here with rainbows is the reflection rainbow next to the real one. The colors are a mirror image. I love seeing all the rainbows out here.

Well--- time to get going for my volunteer job at Arco. I'm now working in the bakery for the "lunch rush" on weekends when I've available. Today is my 3rd day. The new manager introduced sandwiches for lunch -- or make it a meal with a canned drink and chips.

After I am done in the bakery and Ric finishes his tour, we are headed to Sedona for the rest of the holiday weekend. We got a place just outside of Sedona "proper" for a great AAA rate for Sunday night. We will tell more later..........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning - Sounds beautiful - R we going to get pics ???
Will ck that next - Love, Mom