Thursday, April 05, 2007

Not topless yet!

I know I wasn't the only one to laugh about Ric's post "Wavin' in the Wind", though I got a bigger laugh from the comment left from Tom. I haven't seen any lady going topless here, but I have seen the armpit hair on some of the foreign visitors. I have to admit, it can be a long time between shaves for me, but I would never go out in a tank top while in that state.

Work is going well still. The move to the new office is still going slow -- now they are saying Mayish! I really am looking forward to the new office -- MY OWN DESK -- and full time.

Ric and I are trying to lose weight and get into better shape. We had a goal to be down to for the wedding, but I don't think we will both make it. This week I decided to get off my butt and start biking. I've been good -- only took one day off so far this week. The shortest ride is 2 miles. The longest I did so far is 3 miles. Right now I am using the main road in/out of Arcosanti. I've clocked the mileage at different points so I know how far I have to ride to get in my miles. It is pretty flat, so it makes it easy for me to get used to riding alot and building up my endurance. I figure once I can make it all the way to the Junction (about 2.5 miles one way), I will celebrate by going into McDonalds for a parfait!

Next weekend we are flying back to Michigan for a nephew's wedding. Yesterday I talked to Courtney and found out they were getting snow and had a "winter storm advisory" out! Of course, they know the snow birds are heading back. Don and Shirley are heading home from Florida and Teri and Gary are heading to Michigan from Alabama. They should all be in Michigan by this weekend. We have to get out to our place and mark off around the cabin where we want to keep part of our property. Hopefully it isn't too snowy or we will have to borrow somebody's four wheel drive to get back there!

Auction is coming up on Saturday, May 5th! We are selling the house/garage/ and 100 acres. If anyone is interested -- check out our auctioneer's website: http://www.respeckiauctions.com/ and come out to bid on the place. If you don't want the whole 100 acres, I"m sure something could be arranged for less land.

1 comment:

GreatMatt said...

Well, some of the snow will probably be gone by the time you guys get up here, but Mom and Dad, and Grandma and Grandpa are going to be surprised when they get back. We already have about 1 foot and a half at my house, and I think they are saying another 9 inches by Saturday. So we'll probably have over 2 feet of snow by the time they get here. All part of our master plan. Mwa ha ha ha ha!