Thursday, May 25, 2006

"Tears in Heaven"

This month is the 14th anniversary of my Dad and my Godfather's deaths. Dad died on May 20th, Uncle Leo May 25th. Today after work while I was heading to TC, I was channel surfing on the radio. I found a good song and stopped. Then the next song was Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton I knew my Uncle was saying HI! This is the song that was played at his funeral. Every time I hear it -- I think of Leo -- sometimes smiling and with tears in my eyes. Him and my Dad were the jokers of the family. Also the "best polka dancers" -- if you danced with them -- you had to hold on for dear life -- they went so fast some of their partners feet would off the floor!

Other news in our life. Nestina came back from her European trip. She apparantely was a little disappointed in Venice, Italy but fell in love with some place in Germany (I believe it was Germany -- I haven't heard the story of her trip from her yet) Her brother Adam took a LONG INTERESTING bus trip up here from North Carolina. They will be packing her jeep up and heading down by Memorial Day.

Ric had surgery this past Tuesday to remove a bunch of polyps inside his nose. He has been having major problems for the past six months. Sinus infections and not being able to breathe thru his nose. The Dr said there were more polyps than he expected, but the surgery went fine. His nose is still a bit swollen today and sore, but the bloody drainage is slowing down finally. This should help him alot. Maybe he will even get his sense of smell back. Of course that can be a bad thing sometimes! :-)

Work has been work. Nothing much new there. Slow days most of the time.

Nothing new on the sale of our house/property. We did have somebody look at it in April, but nothing more since. Ric said this is his last winter up here, so I'm praying the place sells by fall. No idea where to after that .... tune in later and find out! Probably someplace with dry heat...not humid heat according to Ric. (Mom suggested Las Vegas! I'm sure company would love a free place to stay while visiting Vegas)

Thanks for those that posted a comment on the last entry. I enjoy seeing who is reading our blog --- even if I don't know you -- I like to see hits from different parts of the US and the world.

Have a great holiday weekend. We have high school graduation and some open houses Sat and a picnic/birthday party on Monday. I hope to have time to clean the house and get the paperwork caught up sometime. Oh well...there is always another day!

No comments: